To mark World Children’s Day on 20th November 2012, PODA Chakwal office team organized a seminar in collaboration with Children Complaint Office of Provincial Ombudsman Punjab and Plan-Pakistan. The event was held at a Girls High School in Chakwal city and attended by 521 children, parents and teachers. School girls presented poems and plays about children rights issues. This historic event facilitated by PODA brought together representatives of local community groups and media, rural school teachers, district government departments including the 1122 Emergency Rescue team, the Social Welfare Department, Education Department, the Police, Gender Reform Action Plan (GRAP), Population department and Election Commission Department. The seminar launched a new Complaints Mechnism Box process for children in Chakwal district and marked a very important step forward for the protection of children’s rights in the Punjab. PODA Regional Manager Ms. Naheeda Abbasi presented the first Complaint Box to district officials and a teacher for Chakwal. PODA will monitor the complaints and follow-up with Ombudsman Office. For more information contact: email@example.com.
- Dr. Ghulam hyder Malookani on Women farmers learn about legal rights
- Muhammad Bukhsh Malik on 5th Annual Conference on Rural Women Day – Islamabad – Pakistan
- Aslam on Her ‘Crime’ Was Loving Schools
- Mr.Farhan Qadeer on PODA speaks out at World Movement of Demcoracy in Lima, Peru
- J on PODA launches eductional poster on women’s right to vote